Dear Professor Liang,
I am writing to extend my gratitude to youbecause with your help I am now a student of Chemistry Department of SydneyUniversity.
Last June, when I applied to become agraduate student of Sydney University, you really gave me a lot of valuablehelp. You not only wrote a recommendation(推荐) for me to Professor Wells who worksin the Sydney University but also gave me careful and patient instructions onhow to fill the application forms and write the application letters.
It is your unreserved(无保留的) help thatenables me to obtain this splendid(极好的)opportunity of further education. For thefollowing two years I will study hard to reciprocate(回报) your sincere help andexpectations with excellent grades.
1. I am writing toextend my gratitude to you because…
2. It is yourunreserved help that enables me to obtain this splendid opportunity of furthereducation.
3. For the followingtwo years I will study hard to reciprocate your sincere help and expectationswith excellent grades.
I am terribly sorry to tell you that I am unable toattend your birthday party next Thursday evening. That is owing to(因为) the fact that (同位语从句)my younger brother suddenly fell ill and was taken to a hospital thismorning. I have to go there immediately and take care of him. As told by thedoctor in charge, it will take around five days for him to recover and I haveasked my boss for a leave.
I really regret that I cannot go to celebrate yourbirthday personally and would miss the perfect chance of enjoying myself withall our old friends. I have chosen a small gift for you and will send it to youtomorrow to show my best wishes. Besides, please give my regards to our friendswhen you meet them at the party.
1. I am terribly sorryto tell you…
2. I really regretthat I cannot go… personally and would miss the perfect chance of enjoyingmyself with all our old friends.
假定你是李华，将于今年七月从新星外语学校毕业。你从报纸上得知B & B公司要招聘一名英文秘书，你很感兴趣，要写一封求职信，包括下列要点：
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I learned from the newspaper that your company needs an English secretary. I’m really interested in this position so I am writing to apply for it.
I’m18 years old and will graduate from Xinxing Foreign Languages School this July.I’m an excellent student, among the top 5 in my class of 50 students. I’m good at English, especially spoken English. I often use the computer and I type very fast. In my spare time, I read a lot. Poems are my favorite. I enjoy music very much too. Being an active young person, I like sports and outdoor activities. Besides, I’m easy to get along with and I like to make friends.
I hope I may be granted(授予) an interview,when I can explain my qualifications(资格，条件) more fully. I am looking forward to your reply.
1. I learned from the newspaper that your company needs/is in need of/is recruiting…
2. I’mreally interested in this position so I am writing to apply for it.
3.I’m an excellent student, among the top 5 in my class of 50 students.
4.I hope I may be granted an interview, when I can explain my qualifications morefully.
内容：1.唱中国歌 2.比赛用筷子 3.学习包饺子
Goodafternoon, everyone. May I have your attention, please?
I’mthe chairman of the Students’ Union. As the New Year is around the corner(即将到来), weare going to hold a New Year party for you, which is intended to enable you tohave a better understanding of Chinese culture. During the party, not only canyou sing a Chinese song, but you will also compete with each other to see howskilled you are at using chopsticks. What’s more, you’ll learn at the party howto make dumplings. Sounds great. doesn’t it? The party is scheduled(计划于) in Room 101of the Teaching Building from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. next Friday. Please makesure you won’t miss it. Thank you for your attention.
1. Goodafternoon, everyone. May I have your attention, please?
2. During the party, not only can you sing a Chinese song, but youwill also compete with each other to see how skilled you are at usingchopsticks.
3. Please make sure you won’t miss it.Thank you for your attention.
1. 时间：8am—5 pm;
I’mwriting to tell you that we intend to climb the Fragrant Hill this Saturday andI sincerely invite you to go with us on behalf of our class. We are supposed togather at the school gate and set out at 8:00 am sharp. The bus will serve asour transportation. We will climb to the top of the hill and enjoy our picniclunch there, so please take some food with you as lunch. At about 2:00 pm. wewill go down the hill along another path and return to our school at about5.00pm. You may equip yourself with a camera to record the beautiful sceneryand an umbrella or a raincoat is also necessary in case you are caught in arain. Please spare some time to join us. Your participation can surely addcolor to our trip and we are all looking forward to your involvement.
1. I’mwriting to tell you that we intend to... andI sincerely invite you to go with us on behalf of our class.
2. Youmay equip yourself with a camera to record the beautiful scenery and anumbrella or a raincoat is also necessary in case you are caught in a rain.
3. Yourparticipation can surely add color to our trip and we are all looking forwardto your involvement.