PartⅠ Listening Comprehension (30 marks)
Section A (22.5 marks)
Directions: In this section, you will hear six conversations between two speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by three choices marked A, B and C. Listen carefully and then choose the best answer for each question.
You will hear each conversation TWICE.
1. Where is the man going?
A. Kennedy. B. London. C. New York.
2. When should the man arrive at the airport?
A. By 8:15. B. By 9:00. C. By 9:25.
3. What is the woman doing?
A. Taking a taxi. B. Doing shopping. C. Waiting for the man.
4. Where are the two speakers going to meet?
A. At home. B. In a shop. C. In a restaurant.
5. What is the woman looking for?
A. A pan. B. Carrots. C. Tomatoes.
6. What will the speakers probably have tonight?
A. French fries. B. Noodles. C. Fried chicken.
7. What will the project focus on?
A. A dog. B. A fish. C. A cat.
8. What can we know about John?
A. He has conducted the survey.
B. He is making cards now.
C. He will do the introduction.
9. Who can handle the summarizing?
A. Carol. B. Tom. C. Mary.