1. What time is it now?
A. 9:10 B. 9:50 C. 10:00
2. What does the woman think of the weather?
A. It’s nice. B. It’s warm. C. It’s cold.
3. What will the man do?
A. Attend a meeting. B. Give a lecture. C. Leave his office.
4. What’s the woman’s opinion about the course?
A. Too hard. B. Worth taking. C. Very easy.
5. What does the woman want the man to do?
A. Speak louder. B. Apologize to her. C. Turn on the radio.
6. How long did Michael stay in China?
A. Five days. B. One week. Two weeks.
7. Where did Michael stay last year?
A. Russia B. Norway. C. India
8. What does Sally like?
A. Chicken B. Fish C. Eggs
9. What are the speakers going to do?
A. Cook dinner B. Go shopping C. Order dishes
10. Where are the speakers?
A. In a hospital B. In the office C. At home
11. When is the report due?
A. Thursday. B. Friday. C. Next Monday.
12. What does George suggest Stephanie do with the report?
A. Improve it. B. Hand it in later. Leave it with him.
13. What’s the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Salesperson and customer B. Patient and doctor C. Husband and wife
14. What kind of apartment do the speakers prefer?
A. One with two bathrooms. B. One with furniture. C. One near a market.
15. How much should one pay for the two-bedroom apartment?
A. $350 B. $400 C. $415
16. Where is the apartment the speakers would like to see?
A. On Lake Street. B. On Market Street C. On South Street.
17. What percentage of the world’s tea exports go to Britain?
A. Almost 45%. B. About 30% C. About 15%
18. Why do tea tasters taste tea with milk?
A. Most British people drink that way.
B. Tea tastes much better with milk.
C. Tea with milk is healthy.
19. Who suggests a price for each tea?
A. Tea tasters. B. Tea exporters. C. Tea companies.
20. What is the speaker talking about?
A. The life of tea tasters. B. Afternoon tea in Britain. C. The London Tea Trade Centre.