PartⅠ Listening Comprehension (30 marks)
Section A (22.5 marks)
Directions: In this section, you will hear six conversations between two speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by three choices marked A, B and C. Listen carefully and then choose the best answer for each question.
You will hear each conversation TWICE.
1. When does the woman usually get home from work?
A. About 6:30. B. About 7:30. C. About 8:30.
2. What did the woman do last night?
A. She watched TV.
B. She recorded a program.
C. She prepared for a lecture.
3. How often does the man exercise at the gym?
A. Every day. B. Every two days. C. Once a week.
4. Where will the two speakers meet before doing exercise this Friday?
A. At the park. B. At the cafe. C. At the cinema.
5. What is Mr. Chester doing?
A. Telephoning someone.
B. Speaking to the woman.
C. Leaving the man a message.
6. What is the man's last name?
A. Oliver. B. Horst. C. Robert.
7. Why will the woman be late?
A. She didn't catch the train.
B. She didn't finish her paper.
C. She didn't wake up in time.
8. Where is the man?
A. At the station. B. At home. C. At the office.
9. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Parent and child. C. Husband and wife.